Tuesday 3 March 2020: UK action plan
The government have published a UK coronavirus action plan, which outlines what you can expect to happen and gives advice on what you should do.
UK Coronavirus Action Plan
The Government have published (3 March 2020) a guide to what you can expect across the UK - which includes the following advice on how everyone can help support the UK's response by:
- following public health authorities' advice, for example on hand washing
- reducing the spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources, eg the NHS, Public Health England and the Government website
- following the latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice
- ensuring you and your family's vaccinations are up to date as this will help reduce the pressure on the NHS
- checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours
- using NHS 111 (including online, where possible), pharmacies and GPs responsibly, and only go to hospital if you really need to.
- understanding the pressures the health and social care systems may be under, including changes to the provision of care
- accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over the counter medicines
- checking for new advice as the situation changes